Roasted Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze is a melt-in-your-mouth easy side dish. Showcasing a savory, umami flavor that coats the fresh mushrooms with a beautiful tanginess. The balsamic vinegar and mellow garlic provide a smooth and rich taste coating the soft mushrooms. These velvety smooth mushrooms pair perfectly with any savory entree as an appetizer. But my favorite way to eat them is pierced next to veggies on a kabob!
Whenever I'm cooking for friends or family, I try and outdo myself hoping to score a fantastic review. These mushrooms brought the trophy home! I'd recommend this dish for a shared gathering, like a dinner party or summer picnic. Depending on your final preference, I'd recommend a few adaptations when preparing these garlic mushrooms.
Adaptations to the Roasted Mushrooms:
Depending on the size of the button mushrooms, you may want to slice them in half or many thin slices, especially if served as an appetizer. For ease of eating, the goal is one mushroom per bite.
While the balsamic glaze coats the outside, providing a wonderfully balanced flavor, the inside remains flavored as a roasted mushroom. Unless deeply marinated. Cutting thin slices will bring more flavor per bite. This might be the goal if served next to creamy mashed potatoes, sprinkled over a grain, or next to a green salad.
These mushrooms make great companions for skewers. I'd recommend slicing the more giant mushrooms in halves for an easy bite. In my opinion, it's the best way to eat them!
Tips for success
This is a straight forward simple recipe - perfect as a healthy side dish for quick weeknight dinners, a holiday dish, or a summer picnic. It's great because of the very little prep time and almost all oven time. You can use any kind of mushrooms, although white button small mushrooms are preferred
Mushrooms - Depending on preference, slice thinly or in halves. This will make eating them more manageable, especially if served as an appetizer.
Flip - give them that halfway-through flip to ensure good roasting on both sides!
Toppings - garnish with thinly chopped parsley before serving!
Why you'll love these mushrooms
This is a very simply prepared recipe with smooth flavors that will enhance any meal. There is minimal prep and mostly oven cooking time. Making this the perfect recipe for any gathering, like a party or picnic - even a slow evening at home. It's also a great holiday side dish.
These Roasted Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze are stored in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
Roasted Mushrooms with a Balsamic Glaze
- 8 ounce package of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (sub for soy sauce)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, more for garnish
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Wash and dry the mushrooms. Depending on preference (see notes below) slice thinly or in halves at this time. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and set them aside.
- In a small mixing cup, combine oil, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos (you can substitute soy sauce), minced garlic, and chopped parsley.
- Pour mixture over the mushrooms and mix until evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and transfer onto the baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Remove the delicious mushrooms from the oven, allow to cool, garnish with thinly sliced fresh parsley and serve!