This hydrating mocktail sings summer! The sweetness from the oranges melds perfectly with the mint & lime, leaving a refreshing aftertaste. Orange Mint Mojito Mocktail is made with pink grapefruit, orange, lime, mint, and sparkling water. No simple syrup is needed, keeping this mocktail light, fresh, and full of sunny citrus. Enjoy poolside on an easy Sunday afternoon or wherever your mocktail needs exist!
I don't drink alcohol, but I love to indulge in a special mocktail on the patio before going to dinner. The sunny orange color and sparkling bubbles make this delicious drink something special.
What you'll need
You'll need fresh oranges, pink grapefruit, lime, a handful of fresh mint leaves, and a bottle of sparkling water for this drink. Your choice if the sparkling water is flavored; if so, I'd recommend lime or orange flavors.
Raise your hand if you've searched for a non-alcoholic drink recipe and found they all require simple sugar syrup.
We don't want plain juice, and sometimes a sweet flavor is needed, but I prefer a refreshing aftertaste, and I don't get that with syrups - so here we are sans syrup.
🍹Fresh orange juice
🍹Sparkling water - for the bubbles!
Fresh mint leaves
Fresh mint leaves are an essential piece to this drink, and it gives a mocktail mojito vibe with the crushed mint leaves feathered in.
I pressed mine in a mortar and pestle, but you can chop finely or press and roll in your hand with a wooden spoon and then chop - this releases oil that the liquid will absorb.
For the classic mojito vibe, squeeze lime juice over the muddled mint mixture and allow it to sit for a few minutes. This will showcase the citrus flavors and bring out the mint at the end of every sip.
Tips for success
The printable recipe with complete instructions is at the bottom of this post.
What better way to enjoy the new season than with citrus mocktails?! The sweet oranges bring a sunny feeling to any special occasion.
🌿 Pluck the mint leaves and discard the stem. Muddle one handful of mint leaves in a mortar and pestle or by hand. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the muddled mint mash and set aside.
🌿 Juice six medium oranges and four pink grapefruits.
🌿 Fill half of the glass with squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, sprinkle one teaspoon of the mint mash into the tall glass,
🌿 Top with sparkling water (soda water or club soda will work too).
🌿 Add an ice cube, fresh mint sprig, and orange slices for aesthetic. Pour yourself a tall glass of this virgin mojito and enjoy!
Orange Mint Mojito Mocktail
- 1 mortar and pestle (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves + a few stemmed for garnish
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 cups fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 1 bottle sparkling water, if flavored lime and orange work best!
- Pluck the mint leaves and discard the stem. Muddle one handful of mint leaves in a mortar and pestle or by hand. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the muddled mint mash and set aside.
- Juice six medium oranges and four pink grapefruits.
- Fill half of the glass with squeezed orange and grapefruit juice, sprinkle one teaspoon of the mint mash into the tall glass.
- Top with sparkling water (see notes for recommendations).
- Add an ice cube, fresh mint sprig, and orange slices for aesthetic. Pour yourself a tall glass of this virgin mojito and enjoy!