Life moves fast, so Easy Vegan Taquitos (under 30 minutes) was created as a dinner option for those busy weeknights. These taquitos are packed with plants; they're gluten-free, corn-free, and all vegan.
Taquitos are for you if you're looking for an easy, healthy, and filling weeknight dinner. With a 10-minute prep and 20-minute baking time, they'll be ready to devour in no time. Filled with black beans and jackfruit, both easily bought in a can, fresh spices, and topped with your favorite fixings, like salsa, cilantro, and avocado.
Love easy dinner recipes? Check out my Spicy Sriracha Tofu or Sticky Vegan Meatballs - they are seriously delicious!
What you'll need
Tortilla wraps - my preference is Siete. They're gluten-free, grain-free, corn-free, and honestly, the best store-bought gluten-free tortillas I've ever had. You can find them at your local grocery store (Whole Foods, Costco, etc.), or they can be purchased online through their website (no affiliation, I just love their brand). You can always make your own homemade tortillas, too.
Canned refried black beans - I also used the Siete brand; organic and tasty. You can use cooked or canned black beans and mash them as an alternative.
Jackfruit -most stores sell canned jackfruit in water, although if you cannot find any, check out your local Asian market. Fresh is also an option, but it's time-consuming and will not yield a thirty-minute dinner.
Taco seasoning - Garlic, onion, chili, salt, and black pepper make these taquitos delicious. A great option is using a taco seasoning packet for full flavor.
Favorite toppings - totally optional and catered to your liking! Avocado, salsa, red onion (maybe even pickled!), fresh cilantro and lime wedges. Guacamole, a side salad, vegan sour cream, or salsa verde are great options, too!
For your ease: a printable recipe card with complete instructions is located at the bottom of this post.
Tips for success
⭐ Rinse and drain the jackfruit, remove any pods (seeds) and shred all the pieces. Ensure there are no end chunks lefts. The jackfruit pieces will be in triangle slices, and the edge is very firm; ensure this part is removed. You want the final to have a shredded chicken look.
⭐ Place the tortillas in the warm oven for a quick 15-30 seconds to make them more pliable and avoid breakage. Once warmed and soft, fill the center of the tortillas with the jackfruit and creamy black bean filling, then roll closed.
⭐ Place each tortilla seam side down on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure there is space in between each taquito. Brush the tops of the taquitos with walnut oil, avocado oil, or olive oil (any high-heat oil will do).
⭐ Top with your favorite fixings! Avocado, salsa, onions, hot sauce, vegan queso, or fresh cilantro. Serve warm!
⭐ Store in an airtight container for up to three days in the fridge. Reheat in the oven for maximum taste!
Why you'll love these taquitos
This vegan taquito recipe will be saved and shared. These little rolled tacos make the perfect finger food for a great snack or side dish. They're also great party food for Cinco de Mayo or the Super Bowl!
Craving more? Subscribe to my newsletter and stay in touch on Instagram and Pinterest for all of the latest updates.
Easy Vegan Taquitos (under 30 minutes)
- 8 tortilla shells (Gluten-free or flour tortillas)
- 10 ounces shredded jackfruit
- 16 ounces refried black beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 packet taco seasoning (Optionally: 1 tablespoon each of chili powder, garlic powder, and onion powder)
- Sea salt & black pepper for taste
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Red salsa or salsa verde
- Red onion, raw or pickled
- Vegan sour cream
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and drain the jackfruit, remove any pods (seeds) and shred all the pieces with a knife. Combine the jackfruit, refried beans, spices, minced garlic, and lime juice in a large bowl until smooth.
- Place the tortillas in the warm oven for a quick 15-30 seconds to make them more pliable and avoid breakage. Once warmed and soft, fill the center of the tortillas with the jackfruit and creamy black bean filling, then roll closed.
- Place each tortilla seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Be sure there is space in between each taquito. Brush the tops of the taquitos with walnut, avocado, or olive oil (any high heat oil will do). Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and you have a crispy tortilla.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite fixings. Serve warm & enjoy!
Leave a Reply